PowerPoint slide is a classical element in presentations and is also perfect media to transform information to audiences from the imparter. Making PowerPoint slides as videos is effective for businessmen to report results, for students to discuss in group, etc. Most importantly, video makers record PowerPoint as videos to avoid face-to-face presentations at some special period when COVID-19’s spreading.
Basically, there are 3 ways to realize this PowerPoint screen recording purpose. The first approach is to directly save the ppt slides into video format. The second method is using Microsoft PowerPoint’s built-in recorder. The third way is to leverage a third-party recorder. The three methods have their own advantages. Let’s get straight to the procedures of each method.
1. Open the PowerPoint file that you want to record.
2. Select File > Export > Create a Video.
3. Choose video quality – there are four options provided – 4K, Full HD, 720p, 480p.
Feel puzzled about these parameters? Generally, you are suggested to record in 4K if they are using large monitors. If users want to record computer screen with HD quality, they should choose Full HD quality. HD is for recording the Internet and DVD, and Standard quality – 480p is for portable devices.
4. Then you have to decide ‘seconds spent on each slide’. The default time is 5 seconds, if your slide contains a lot of information, you should consider making the duration longer.
5. Click ‘Create Video’.
6. Decide the ‘storage path’ of your video and wait several seconds for Microsoft PowerPoint to process this requirement.
7. Now the video is produced, double click it to play.
The first way is the most time-saving one. In this way, video is automatically and instantly produced, and users don’t have to wait in front of their screen and wait until the recording is over. However, the flaw is fatal and evident too. The interval between each ppt slide is fixed which will make video makers find it inconvenient to insert illustrative contents.
1. Select Slide Show> Record Slide Show. Users can choose to record from the beginning or record from the current slide.
2. Select or clear what you’d like for your recording (e.g. timings, narration), and then select Start Recording.
3. Check the two offered options ‘slide and animation timings’ and ‘Narrations, ink, and laser pointer’, then hit Start Recording.
4. During the process, you are allowed to draw and highlight your content with the provided annotation tools. On the floating bar, you can pause and end recording.
5. Once the recording is finished, select File > Save As > Sites – Contoso > Choose a storage path and video type (PowerPoint Show, ppsx).
The built-in recorder of Microsoft PowerPoint bears powerful functions compared with other professional screen recorders in the industry. It is easy and handy to record PowerPoint slides and it allows users to record with annotation tools but the deficiency is that it only provides a small amount of them. Besides, it fails to offer webcam features, editing features that professional recorders have in common. For advanced users who have relative demands over these features, I suggest them to use a Third-party screen recorder to record PowerPoint as video.
Compared with Microsoft PowerPoint’s default screen recorder, third-party recorder is much stronger. As one of the most powerful screen recorder on the market, RecMaster has advantages over it in every link of PowerPoint screen recording.
Before recording, RecMaster allows its users to tweak configurations for the best performance of videos. The options include video format, quality, recording mode, etc.
While recording, RecMaster allows users to add bountiful annotation tools, add webcam to PowerPoint videos for better illustration.
After recording, Users could process their videos with a simple editing feature. Then they can upload the video on the Internet.
1. Download and install RecMaster.
2. Run your PowerPoint file in advance.
3. Activate RecMaster and select a recording mode then jump to the setting interface.
4. There you can tweak details of setting options. From the picture below you could see all the options including video formats, video quality, and so on. Here I will show you how to make the best conditions for your presentation video. Choose Original Quality > 30 fps > turn on Webcam > turn on System Sound > Turn on Microphone if you want to add an oral demonstration to your video.
5. Hit the red button “REC” to record. In the floating bar, you can use annotation tools to embellish your footage. Some tools like brushes and pencils to highlight the content of your PPT for presentation. Also, your webcam shot will show up at the down-right corner of your screen, talk to your screen as if you are giving a video presentation.
6. Hit the red button to stop recording. Recording List is the place where all your footages are saved at. You can have access to editors here by clicking the “little scissor”.
This passage illustrates 3 useful methods to record PowerPoint as video. The 3 approaches have their own merits and disadvantages. The first one is fast and direct but lacks flexibility. The second way has things to do with Microsoft PowerPoint’s built-in recorder, which is not powerful enough for advanced users. The third method is much more desirable since third-party screen recorder RecMaster is more professional and bears more useful features that advanced users need to record PowerPoint.
Screen recording made easy.
Record every moment on your PC or Mac within few clicks.Download Download
How to Fix the Loom “Not Working” Errors Easily
12 Screen Recording Tips for Creating Better Videos
ShareX Review and Best Alternative in 2022
How to Fix OBS Encoding Overloaded Issue 
Top 6 Best Screen Recorder for Teachers in 2022
CamStudio Review: How-to Tutorial & Best Alternative 
How to Record Multiple Screens [3 Simple Ways]
How to Record An Awesome Father’s Day Video For your Dad (Essential Guide)
Top 8 Best 4K Screen Recorders for PC/Mac 
[Solved] How to Fix OBS Dropped Frames in 2022
Best Indie Games of 2022 (Ultimate List & Learn to Record Gameplays)
Tips for Choosing The Best Recording App for Work
How to Perform Screen Recording For Presentations Easily in 2022
Top 10 Best Streaming Video Recorders in 2022
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.
Subscribe to keep up with the latest software discounts , news, and updates.