Facebook Messenger, split from Facebook in 2015, is a real-time communication tool. Now Messenger is a powerful standalone app rather than the main function of Facebook , which supports functions including sending text, making voice or video calls and installing apps. On account of its convenience and popularity, we tend to frequently use it to send messages and free video calls to our friends and family members. Unlike the traditional mobile phone call, Facebook doesn’t offer built-in recording feature for Messenger users to record Facebook call and video. So if you want to capture and save a video or voice call on this app, you have to launch a third-party tool on your devices.
You can easily search a screen recorder across the Google Chrome browser but some software is not compatible to your device. Now we pick out three popular and dedicate Facebook Messenger call recorders and list in the post. No matter what device you use, you will find out a helpful recorder to record Facebook Messenger.
RecMaster is a wonderful Facebook Messenger call recorder for the computer users to record any onscreen activities with audio on PC or Mac. As a professional screen recorder, this tool can be used as a voice and video call recorder to record Skype calls, WhatsApp calls, as well as the Facebook Messenger calls. With a call coming in, you just need three-step operation to start recording: first open the program and then select one recording mode finally click REC button. If you want to change the video format for social media sharing, you can select the video format as MP4 or other formats at ease. More importantly, it enables you to record Facebook Messenger call or video with original quality. What’s more, RecMaster also supports editing as well as instant sharing. After the recording, you can save the video or directly share it to social media.
How to use RecMaster to record Facebook Messenger call
● Free download and follow the wizard to complete installation.
● Open this tool and select the recording mode. Full Screen mode is suggested to capture the whole screen and if you want to capture a particular area, Custom Area mode is recommended. If you only want to capture voice, Audio Only mode is here for voice call recording.
● Make pre-settings. Multiple choices of video formats, quality as well as frame rate are provided to you. T You need to toggle the microphone button on so that your voice can be recorded as well. Turn off the webcam button if you only want to capture a voice call in Facebook Messenger. To change the file destination you need to press Settings icon. Here you can optionally edit Hotkeys settings and select the mouse effect.
● Click REC button to start recording.
● To end the task, you just need to click the Stop icon.
● You can edit the video in the Recording lists to get the desired video and upload it to social media like YouTube.
If you happen to be an iOS user, you are so fortunate to use the bundled screen recording function on your iPhone. In the past, you need to rely on some other tools to do Facebook Messenger call recordings. But now with several iterations, iOS 11 or above is equipped with this function. So you don’t need to download any third-party software to eat up your limited space. For iOS 11 below users, you need to upgrade to iOS 11 to get access.
How to use the built-in function to record Facebook Messenger call
● Customize Control Center. Open Settings=> Control center=> Customize controls and then make sure the option Access Within Apps is turned on.
● Start recording. Now you can move to the Facebook Messenger app or any screen you want to capture. Open the Control Center and select the Screen recording icon. Tapping the microphone icon to turn on the sound so that all your voice can be recorded as well.
● End recording. To stop the recording, you don’t have to go back to the Control Center. During recording, a red icon with timer is on the top of screen, you just need to tap the red icon and a massage will open, allowing you to stop.
● Review the file. You can review your screen recording in the Photos app. Here tap the file and you can replay, delete or share the video.
Attention: Apple doesn’t allow users to record secretly, which means that recording notification will be automatically sent to the person you are calling. If you want to settle the embarrassing situation, you can directly download a third-party tool to help you.
For Android users, taking screenshots is easy but capturing screen video is a bit harder. With a professional tool, all the things can be easily done. To provide you an effective solution to record Facebook Messenger, here we recommend stable and comprehensive A-Z Screen Recorder as the best Facebook Messenger call recorder for Android. Providing high-quality and smooth recording service, it doesn’t require root. You can capture the call as long as you wish because it has no time limit for capture length. More importantly, the recorder has a built-in editor, with which you can make advanced editing after recording: add background music into the video, extract image from the video, compress the video…
How to use A-Z Screen recorder to record
● Download and install.
● After installation, you can select among choices to record live streaming, take screenshots and more.
● Select Record.
● Confirm the recording.
● With everything captured, you just need to pull down the notification and click the Stop button.
With these methods, you can easily complete your Facebook Messenger call recording on your computer or phone. Optionally choose the suitable one for you and begin the new experience with Facebook Messenger.
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.