Several years ago, when coming up with 4K monitor, many editors and consumers are suspicious of its cost performance due to the lack of 4K sources, mainly including the movies, TVs and games. But now, according to many forcast reports, the 4K display resolution market was estimated at $47.9 billion in 2019 and will reach $1,650.8 billion by 2025. I know you are or will be one of the contributors, because if not, you won’t take your precious time with this page which’s written for teaching you how to record 4K Ultra HD screen on computer, be it Windows or macOS.
To begin with, let’s firstly talk about something crutial to 4K screen recording:
1. Only when your computer display is 2160p can you take the real 4K video at crisp quality. It’s meaningless to get a 4K screencast on your 1080p or 2K screen by upscaling the size from 1080p/2K to 4K, because you will get a “fake” 4K video with poor visual effect.
2. For common users who equipped their computers with 4K display only for waching (4K) films, TV shows, general web surfing or other activities, an easy screen recorder is enough to keep things recorded.
3. For advanced ones like big-scale (4K Xbox) game players and pro-level software users, the dedicated graphic card is a must-have. To meet this screen recording need of such high-end GPU users, both Nvidia and AMD give (4K) screen recording feature and they are known as Nvidia Shadowplay and AMD Radeon ReLive. Surely many people still prefer third-party screen recording software because it’s more flexible and easier to use.
4. Is there any hardware requirement on 4K screen recording? Generally, if your computer is configured at a good status (e.g GPU, CPU and RAM) to watch 4K videos or play 4K games, there’s no special problem with 4K screen recording. Only one thing you should take into consideration is – whether the software supports hardware acceleration. All 4K screen recorders are built in with video encoder to remux the raw data into mainstream media formats like H.264 MP4, MP3. The program that’s in favor of GPU acceleration like Intel QuickSync X264 or X265 will deliver a hassle-free screen recording and editing (if there’s such function) while putting less burden on CPU usage.
There are a plethora of screen recording software that can help you capture your 4K desktop, among which RecMaster ids the easist but feature-packed one. So we will show you how to record 4K screen with RecMaster in the following part.
Step 1 – Install the 4K Screen Recorder and Other Tools If Necessary
You can free download RecMaster 4k recorder below and accomplish the installation. Open up the target streaming content or program you’d like to record to stand by. If you need to record any external webcam or microphone audio simultaneously, do check their functionality beforehand.
Step 2 – Select a Recording Mode and Set for It
Multiple screen recording modes are available here to satisfy various demands. For 4K video recording, surely the Game Mode, Full Screen and Custom Mode are three potential options. You choose the suitable one and then are free to do somes settings on video format, quality, frame rate, webcam and audio.
● Supported video formats for 4K capture: MP4, AVI, FLV
● Three quality levels for 4K recording: Original, High, Standard
● Available frame rates (fps): 20, 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 60 (recommended for high-paced 4K gaming recording) | VFR or CFR
● Webcam: You can turn on or off any integrated or external plugged webcam.
● System Sound & Microphone: You can turn on or off any audio source from system or microphone.
● Settings: A place you can define mouse crusor effects, watermark, countdown, saving folder, hotkeys, auto-start etc.
● Task Schedule: It’s a great tool for scheduling and automating any recording mission in the future.
Note: RecMaster does support multi-monitor recording. It not only enables you to pick either display to record under Game Mode and Full Screen, but also makes it easy to record two or more monitors at the same time by using Custom Area mode and selecting them all. >>2020 Top Game Recording Software for Windows
Step 3 – Record, Annotate and Edit (Optional)
When the preperation work is done, click red button to start and end 4K screen recording. During the recording process, you are free to make annotations with a draw panel. And after the recording, you can cut unwanted parts off with the internal video editor. Of course if you have created and enabled the recording mission under task schedule, just check for the recorded file whenever you like.
From 720p to 1080p HD SDR (See best HD screen recorder), then 2K, 4K and even the 8K UHD HDR video, we are always on the way of pursuing high resolution for more details and better color accuracy. It’s undisputable that once you are amazed by the high-res display like LG 4K, you will never want to get back to the elder 1080p again. Let’s work out more instructive or entertaining screen videos in 4K @30FPS/60FPS with RecMaster 4K scren recorder, and share them to friends or YouTube audiences for pleasure.
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.