Here in this article, we will focus on the basic skill for Windows 10 users on the smash-hit (YouTube) gaming vlog: how to record gameplay on Windows 10. Also, you can record and save great gaming moments to the local drive or share with friends/family in this way. Let’s start the Windows 10 game recording now!
With both video game sales and video player numbers continuously increasing in recent years, we have to admit that video game has become one of the mainstream entertainment forms. People love it because it can stimulate the minds of players, give them a sense of accomplishment, relax them, and also give them a new way to learn skills and make friends. With the popularity of gaming, some game-related things are also a craze, such as electronic sports, game streaming, and game vlogging.
To begin with, you should have a basic knowledge of several types of game recording software for Windows 10:
● The built-in game recording feature of Windows 10 – Game DVR
● The game capture feature of high-end GPU’s free service – e.g. Nvidia Shadowplay, AMD Radeon ReLive (if your Win 10 is equipped with such qualified graphic cards.)
● The third-party game recording software for Windows 10 – top choices include OBS Studio, RecMaster, Bandicam and OBS.
If you are an Xbox/One user, you must be familiar with the Xbox app and its screen capture feature Game Bar. To facilitate the screencasting operation of gamers or common users, Windows 10 has built this Xbox-modeled game bar into the system. Every time you want to do a game capture, you can press Win + G to open the control to go ahead. If there’s no response, check and turn it on under Start -> Settings -> Game Bar. In the same place, you are free to：
– check and set a shortcut for start/stop recording (Win + Alt +G by default), show Microphone on/off during recording (Win + Alt + R by default), and broadcast.
– enable background recording while playing the game, set (up to 4 hours) maximum recording length, frame rate, video/audio quality, and whether to capture the mouse cursor under the Captures window.
Absolutely, you are suggested to configure Game DVR before the game capture in case they make any difference in your crucial game campaign, like the quality and duration. In addition, similar to that of Xbox One, Game Bar/DVR also features keeping the last 30-second game clip automatically.
Although the Game bar literally means a tool for game recording, it’s also friendly to other “non-game games” like a desktop application and browser tab. If there’s no game launched, it will record a black-screen video, and no desktop or file explorer will be grabbed because it currently does not support these two things. In other words, if you would like to capture the full desktop with windowed gameplay, more than one game source, or realize other capture goals beyond the ability of Game DVR, or your Game Bar is not working, you have to turn to the expert game recording software.
Compared to Game Bar/DVR or free game capture tools provided by graphics cards like Shadowplay, an independent gameplay recorder may take you a little time to download and install. However, it works in a simpler way and gives you more control over the video and effect. Let’s have a glance at the workflow of one of the easiest Windows 10 game recorders – RecMaster.
RecMaster is a typical screen recorder for desktops, and game recording is one core mode of this versatile program. To start your Windows 10 game recording, you only need to do the steps: Choose Game Mode -> Set for recording -> Start and take annotation if necessary -> End the recording. Nothing else will divert your attention but the settings may take you seconds to decide if the default ones are what you want.
1. Monitor: For multiple monitor users, the screen options are all listed here. You can choose either to capture. For multi-screen recording, you should switch to Custom Area mode to select the whole region and then record.
2. Video Formats: Three mainstream video formats are available to choose from – MP4 (recommended), FLV, and AVI. (Menu>> Settings>> File)
3. Quality: Three quality levels stand by to meet different requirements. You must know that the higher the quality, the larger the file size. You can go to Menu>> Settings>> Video to adjust the video parameters. (Menu>> Settings>> Video)
4. Frame rate: Several fps options are available for you to choose from. You can tweak it to 60fps if you will run a high-paced game. VFR and CFR are also selectable. You should know that VFR video is not compatible well with video editors. (Menu>> Settings>> Video)
5. Webcam: Turn it on if you plan to show your facecam overlay on the game screen.
6. System sound: You are allowed to capture the system sound at the same time during game recording.
7. Microphone: For those who are going to make voiceover or narration, please turn it on.
8. Task schedule: It’s a great tool to help you automate any game (streaming) recording at a fixed time. (Menu>> Auto Record>> Schedule)
9. Settings: You can click this icon to access another panel for advanced settings like hotkeys, watermarks, mouse cursor effects, and auto-start.
10. Recording list: When you stop the recording, you can check, rename, edit, and share it from this list.
After completing the two ways to record Gameplay on Windows 10, you can choose to record your gameplay on PC in accordance with your actual needs. The existing recording tool bundled with system or hardware is more convenient while the technical game recording software gives the user the possibility for more flexible, stable, and creative work. If you are a PS4 user, please refer to this guide on how to record gameplay on PS4.
See Also: RecMaster vs. Game Bar
Screen recording made easy.
Record every moment on your PC or Mac within few clicks.Download Download
How to Remove or Reduce Background Noise While Screen Recording?
How to Record Lectures on Zoom: Methods, Best Practices, and FAQs
How to Magnify Screen While Recording with RecMaster?
Two Ways to Remove Logos or Watermarks from a Video While Screen Recording
How to Record the Second Monitor in Full Screen
Unmissable Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals 2023: Save Big on Screen Recording and Data Recovery Software
How to Fix OBS Recording Laggy and Not Smooth Issues?
How to Record osu Gameplay with the Best osu Recorder[Ultimate Guide]
How to Record Clapper DND on PC: Capture and Share Your Favorite Moments
How to Record BIGO LIVE Without Black Screen on PC and Mac?
How to Record a Specific Tab in Chrome Using RecMaster: Focused Content Creation Made Easy
How to Record What You Hear on Windows 10 and 11: Capture High-Quality Audio with RecMaster
New Version: RecMaster Offline Version 2.0 is Released!
How to Record Facetime Video Calls on Macbook?[Complete Guide]
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.
Subscribe to keep up with the latest software discounts , news, and updates.