Screen recording on computer is a highly-discussed and urgently-needed topic for many desktop users. No matter what action you conduct on your computer screen, a screen recorder helps you record it. As a Mac user, there is no exception that you need to rely on screen recorders to complete onscreen activities recording task. However, many recording programs may have obvious deficiency like adding ugly watermarks to your clips or letting you record only a handful of videos before demanding payment. Therefore, it’s essential to pick out the right software first to avoiding disappointed results.Considering Mac system users may have this demand, this article will recommend 3 efficient ways on how to screen record on Mac.
QuickTime is the multimedia application provided by Apple. Although it is basically a video player, it still owns powerful functions for screen recording. Here we will give you steps on how to do screen record on Mac with QuickTime.
Step 1: Begin the screen recording.
1. You need to open the QuickTime on your Mac with the help of finder.
2. Click File on the top of the interface and choose the New Screen Recording.
Step 2: Choose Audio sources for screen video capture.
1. Click the arrow icon next to the Red button on the Audio Recording interface.
2. You can choose the quality of video, for the microphone it only allows one choice.
Step 3: Start and end the recording
Click the Red button to start the recording, with everything captured, you just need to click the Red button again to stop this operation.
This is the full instruction of QuickTime doing screen capture on Mac. And you have to note that QuickTime only supports recording Mac screen with voice coming from external speakers and built-in microphone. To have QuickTime record with external microphone, you have to install third-party soundflower to help complete this mission. Also, you can decide to turn to a QuickTime alternative recorder like RecMaster.
Considering that you may pursue another more functional software, here we will recommend the third-party software – RecMsater to you. RecMaster is a functional screen recorder, with multiple basic recording modes, it can be used in diverse situations including capturing live streaming, creating video tutorial and recording online course. RecMaster now has two versions for both Windows and Mac, here you can free download the software on your Mac.
Detailed operations will be given in the following part
Step 1: Download the software and open it
Entering the software, a concise and simple interface is here. RecMaster is designed with 4 recording modes – Full Screen/Custom Area/Webcam/Audio Only.
Step 2: Choose one mode and make some optional choice for personalized settings
1. Choose the mode you needed and you will enter another interface. Here are more choices.
2. Select the video format as MOV/MP4/M4V and turn on Webcam if needed.
3. Use the Task schedule to record screen if you have to leave.
Step 3: Start the screen recording
1. Click the REC button or use HotKey Alt+1 to start.
2. Use the annotation to make some explanations.
Step 4: Stop the recording
1. Click the Stop button or use the HotKey Alt+2 to end recording.
2. Edit or rename the file in the Recording list.
Related article: RecMaster vs QuickTime
Snagit is a comprehensive Windows and Mac screen recorder with audio which can record both image and video. There are editing tools, to enhance and shape screenshots and more options to help you select and capture all the things you want to record. You can download it for the 30-days trial for free. After the trial time, you can buy it if you are satisfied with the product.
Step 1: Download Snagit
Download the software from official website and install it.
Step 2: Preparations before recording
1. Open the website or word document or anything else that you want to capture.
2. Snagit provides two formats: video or image on the screen. Select whether you want an image or video.
3. Click Snagit button at the top of screen in your menu page.
Step 3: How to record screen with Snagit
1. Click Snagit button at the top of screen in your menu page.
2. Observe the Highlighting. If the recording area is not right, adjust them to the proper place.
4. Press the Capture button if you want to get a video. The operation is unnecessary if you choose the image format, once you release the mouse button the image will be open right.
5. After the recording, you can edit it in the Snagit software.
By reading this article, you must know how to record screen on Mac. We believe all these ways can help settle the recording problems. Select the suitable one and start recording!
More Mac-related Articles:
How to record screen on MacBook
How to split & save screen recording into segments on Mac/PC
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.