Have you ever considered holding a live seminar without a video camera and microphone? You might have some, but not good enough. You can use your smartphone as a webcam and microphone for your PC in any case. And you can capture high-quality video and audio without spending much money. Using DroidCam and RecMaster, we will show you how to use your phone as a webcam and microphone for live seminars.
One of the most common problems people face while holding live seminars is not having access to high-quality video and audio equipment. External webcams and microphones can be expensive, and the built-in ones on laptops and desktops aren’t moveable. It can be frustrating as it affects the quality of the video and audio, leading to an unprofessional and unimpressive outcome.
Imagine holding a live seminar and not capturing high-quality video and audio due to a lack of proper equipment. This could lead to your audience losing interest and not paying attention to your presentation. Additionally, imagine spending a lot of money on external devices when you could use your smartphone as a webcam and microphone for free.
Now that we’ve identified the problem and identified the pain points, let’s explore the solution. There are several apps available that allow you to use your smartphone as a webcam and microphone for your PC. One such app is DroidCam. In the following sections, you will find solutions for both Android phones and iOS devices.
In this section, you can follow the steps below to set your Android phone as a webcam and microphone and record both the audio and video on your PC. You can show the video and audio simultaneously on the large screen of your seminar as well.
Here are the steps to set Android phones as a webcam and microphone on PCs.
1. Download the DroidCam app on your Android phone from the Google Play Store.
2. Install the DroidCam client on your PC from the official website (dev47apps.com).
3. Connect your phone and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Open the DroidCam apps on your phone to get the Wifi IP and DroidCam Port. And then, open the DroidCam App on your PC to insert them and check both the Video and Audio options.
5. Click the Start button and the Android phone will be connected to your PC as a webcam and microphone.
DroidCam works for both Android and iOS devices. And here are the steps to use iPhone or iPad as a webcam and microphone on PC using DroidCam.
1. Install DroidCam on your iOS device from AppStore.
3. Connect your iOS device and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Open the DroidCam apps on your iPhone or iPad to get the Wifi IP and DroidCam Port. And insert the IP and Port to the DroidCam App on your PC. Please make sure to check both the Video and Audio options, or you will have problems.
5. Click the Start button and the iOS device will be connected to your PC as a webcam and microphone.
Now you get the Android phone or iOS device connected to your PC as a webcam and microphone. Let’s go to the next steps to record them on your PC.
With RecMaster, you can easily record Phones as a webcam and microphone on PC. Here are the easy steps.
If you hope to record the Android phone video and audio with the computer screen, you can choose Full Screen.
And if you only hope to record the Android phone video and audio without the computer screen activities, you can choose Webcam mode.
To record the Android phone audio and video, you can turn on the Microphone and choose DroidCam as the Webcam. If you hope to record the sound from your PC as well, you can enable the System Sound option.
Notes: If you hope to record the sound from your PC as well, you can enable the System Sound option. But please do remember to disable the cursor effects in Menu>> Settings if you don’t hope to record the click sounds.
The webcam in Full-Screen mode can be resized by dragging the edges of the video.
And if you choose the Webcam mode, the video will be shown with the borders of RecMaster as you are recording. You can choose whether the full-screen mode or the webcam mode meets your specific need.
Before the recording, you need to confirm that you’ve chosen the right sound devices on your PC and in RecMaster. You can choose Advanced on the dropdown list of System Sound or Microphone and choose Advanced.
And then, you can choose the right system sound device and DroidCam Virtual Audio as the microphone.
Next, test them to confirm whether they work for you.
And if you can’t hear the system sound and your voice from the Android phone, you can press on the System Settings button and go to the Playback and Recording tab to set the loudspeaker or a valid audio device as default and set DroidCam Virtual Audio as default.
After the audio settings, confirm the settings and go back to RecMaster to record.
By pressing the REC button or Alt+1, you can start the recording. And by pressing the Stop button, or Alt+2, you can stop the recording. The recorded videos will be listed in the recording list automatically. And you can choose to merge, rename, locate, or edit them.
Now, you’ve connected your smartphone to your PC and set everything ready for the recording. If you’ve already connected your PC to the large screen of the Seminar room with an HDMI cable, you will be able to see the Phone video on the large screen.
If the loudspeaker is synced with the large screen, you will be able to hear your voice from the phone in the loudspeaker.
However, if you can’t hear the sound from your phone in the loudspeakers, you can follow the steps below.
1. Choose Advanced on the System Sound drop-down list of RecMaster, and press System Settings.
2. On the Sound dialog, go to Playback, choose the loudspeaker as the default device, and make sure that the playing music can be heard in the loudspeaker.
3. Go to the Recording tab and double-click on DrodCam Virtual Audio.
4. On the Microphone Properties dialog, go to the Listen tab, tick “Listen to this device”, and click OK.
And then, you can hear both your voice from the phone in the loudspeaker.
It helps reduce your cost on high-end devices to record your smartphone as a webcam and microphone for live seminars. However, there are also many disadvantages and points to take care of. Here are some important notes to help you get the seminar going smoothly.
1. The Wi-Fi connection for the phone and the PC should be steady to keep the video and audio streaming smoothly.
2. Noice reduction: If the environment is quite noisy during the seminar, you can enable the “Mic Noise Reduction” on the Sound Settings window. You can choose Advanced on the dropdown menu of System Sound to launch the Sound Settings window. And besides, you can also use an earphone with a microphone connecting to the phone to collect the sound of speakers.
3. No Audio recorded: There are several possible reasons to cause an audio problem. If you have problems recording or hearing the audio from the phone, you can follow the steps above to set the audio again. Please make sure that the system audio default is the same as you choose in RecMaster. And the DroidCam Virtual Audio should be set as default for the PC.
Finally, using your phone as a webcam and microphone for live seminars can be a game-changer, especially if you don’t have high-quality video and audio equipment. By following the steps above, you can use your phone as a webcam and microphone without spending a lot of money on external devices. Download the DroidCam and RecMaster today and start to use your phone as a webcam and microphone for live seminars!
Screen recording made easy.
Record every moment on your PC or Mac within few clicks.Download Download
How to Remove or Reduce Background Noise While Screen Recording?
How to Record Lectures on Zoom: Methods, Best Practices, and FAQs
How to Magnify Screen While Recording with RecMaster?
Two Ways to Remove Logos or Watermarks from a Video While Screen Recording
How to Record the Second Monitor in Full Screen
Unmissable Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals 2023: Save Big on Screen Recording and Data Recovery Software
How to Fix OBS Recording Laggy and Not Smooth Issues?
How to Record osu Gameplay with the Best osu Recorder[Ultimate Guide]
How to Record Clapper DND on PC: Capture and Share Your Favorite Moments
How to Record BIGO LIVE Without Black Screen on PC and Mac?
How to Record a Specific Tab in Chrome Using RecMaster: Focused Content Creation Made Easy
How to Record What You Hear on Windows 10 and 11: Capture High-Quality Audio with RecMaster
New Version: RecMaster Offline Version 2.0 is Released!
How to Record Facetime Video Calls on Macbook?[Complete Guide]
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.
Subscribe to keep up with the latest software discounts , news, and updates.