Periscope, a live video-streaming app, has attracted millions of users all over the world, including the general public as well as some famous brands. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, many companies have veered to online sales modes. The cosmetics company Benefit, which frequently hosts its Q&As and lives makeup tutorials in its community on Periscope, follows the new trend. Thanks to the popularity and practicability of Periscope, now we have more chances to connect with organizations and build stronger personal relationships through videos and live streaming. But sometimes we need to record Periscope videos for reviewing such as the makeup tutorials.
Unfortunately, Periscope allows users to manually choose whether to keep the broadcasts indefinitely or automatically expire them after 24 hours, which means if the broadcaster changes the long-time default option to 24 hours and the live stream will be deleted after 24 hours. In general, you can use a video downloader to move the public Periscope videos to hard drive via a link or a screen recorder to record Periscope videos directly to computer. And here we will fully discuss the latter method and show you how to record periscope videos in all devices with some third-party software.
RecMaster is a feature rich yet easy-to-use screen recorder and it allows easy recordings of Periscope videos with simple operations. Compared with the built-in screen recorder of Windows 10 – Game Bar, it provides more settings options to cater your needs like mouse cursor effects, task schedule etc. With one-click operation, you can capture any target area on your screen and then permanently save this video. In this way, you’re freely to share and keep the periscope videos for future reference.
How to record Periscope videos with RecMaster
1. Download and install this application.
2. Select the appropriate mode. Full screen is suggested for the whole screen recording especially when you are going to capture some live streaming videos on Periscope. Microphone and webcam are turned off by default. If you need to use them, click the turn on button.
3. Open the Periscope web on your computer and shift to the aimed window. Then simply press the REC button to start.
4. During the recording process, you are allowed to add arrows, marks and texts in the annotation panel. Choose Stop to end the recording and then you can review this file.
● Support full screen and a portion of screen recording.
● Multiple video formats: MP4/AVI/FLV.
● Available for media sharing like YouTube.
● Easy operation with high-quality results.
● There are attractive functions to modify your video like mouse effects…
● Available for social media sharing like uploading to YouTube.
Additional points：RecMaster also support mirror recording. For mobile phone users, you can turn on the mirror function and then enable the mirroring. After you just move your iPhone or Android screen to PC, you can use the RecMaster or the built-in tool of Mac: QuickTime Player to capture videos.
Allowing users to broadcast their content directly from phone may be the major reason why Periscope is so popular. By using Periscope, many mobile phone users stay connected with the whole world and continuously update their lives. For Android users it is also achievable to save Periscope videos with clear results. With AZ Screen Recorder, users can capture live stream and other videos on Periscope and it makes recording so simple from beginners to professionals. At the same time, AZ Screen Recorder doesn’t require root access to run screen recording procedure while providing multiple settings choices for users.
How to record Periscope videos with AZ Screen Recorder
1. Launch this software from your app drawer.
2. There are four buttons on the main window. Tap the settings button to preview recording defaults including resolution, frame rate, bit rate…When you’re done, click Back button to the home screen.
3. Open the Periscope and navigate to the page you want to record.
4. Click the Red button to start and use your phone as normal until you finished recording.
5. Pull down the notification window and here stop recording.
● Support settings like recording resolution, frame rate…
● Provide stable and fluid screen recording services.
● Videos can be recorded with internal sound.
iOS users used to have difficult in Periscope video recording since the application lacks the recording function. What’s more worse, it may waste your valuable leisure time finding an excellent screen recorder. Now it’s not a problem anymore! Simply upgrade your iOS devices to iOS 11 or later, and then you can use the built-in recording function to capture any content on your device.
How to record Periscope videos with the built-in function
1. Customize controls. Settings>>Control Center>>Customize controls and then tap “+” button next to screen recording.
2. Turn on the Periscope app and twitch to the aimed page. Then tap Start Recording and after a three-second countdown, the recording will automatically start.
3. Tap the red status on the top of your screen and then click stop button.
4. Go to the Photos app and here select your recording.
● Convenient screen recording of iPhone.
● Support video recording with microphone.
Now after reading this post, you must know how to record Periscope videos on your machine. RecMaster is still our top recommendation, because it not only supports recording computer screen, but also enables you to capture mobile screen after mirroring it to PC. Meanwhile, the background recording will not affect your full screen broadcasting or watching at all.
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.